Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm 15& I don't know how to put on proper makeup Dx HELP!?

Ok. So I'm fifteen%26amp; half soon, and ALL i do for my makeup is eyeliner %26gt;_%26lt; And I reallly want to know how to put on the full-proper way to put makeup on (foundation, RIGHT way to put eyeshadow, etc.)





so PLEASE. D: help me.


putting eyeliner isn't cutting it for me anymore. (more stress-more acne ew):





like... what brushes to use, what brands of stuff to buy, sponge/liquid/powder stuff, any tips?, etc. i watch%26amp; learn, so videos that are really descriptive or step-by-step directions would be helpful.








PS. I have dark brown eyes, black/reddish brown hair, and tanned skin [kind of. I'm asain] if you could tell me what colors would look good on me, ++ fer you! :DI'm 15%26amp; I don't know how to put on proper makeup Dx HELP!?
What you purchase and what colors all depends on a few different factors -- your budget, your skin tone/texture/complexion and whether you want something more fun or more natural.





YouTube is a great place to start. Panacea81 has a great channel with tons of videos covering eye looks that range from the outrageous to celebrity inspired to a manageable smoky eye you can wear to work or school. There are also women who do specific tutorials depending your eyelid shape and coloring, so you can find what you need specifically if you're having issues. (Panacea81 also has a really great video that covers moisturizer, foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, contouring and highlight.)





You need to try out products made for your skin type, whether it's oily, dry or combination, and how much coverage you need for blemishes, scars, broken blood vessels, dark circles or discolored spots. Sensitive skin can also take a lot of trial and error.





I personally use a few regular brands -- M.A.C., Urban Decay, Laura Mercier and a few Benefit products -- but these can get pricey. If you have a Sephora and the money to buy at least some of what they'll put on you, go in on a weekday and ask for some help. They'll be able to see your coloring and you can tell them what kind of looks you want to create. Sephora also has a fantastic return policy -- if you buy something and try it and it doesn't work for you or it breaks your skin out after a week, you can roll back up into the store for a refund.





Some basics -- I find that good brushes can overcome lower quality eyeshadows, so you need to invest in a few basic shapes. Budget-wise, Target usually stocks Sonia Kashuk brushes and I've heard great things about them. A crease brush is a must-have no matter what. I use my crease brush, a small slightly-firm eyeshadow brush and a good blush brush every single day.





If you want color or glitter, Urban Decay has some awesome pigmented shades. I would recommend one of their palettes, since they're a lot of bang for your buck -- nine or so really bright and versatile colors for under forty dollars. They also make really smooth eye pencils and a good primer potion for your eyelids -- so your colors stick -- although you can find a ton of other primers too.





If you don't need a lot of coverage or have problem skin that's tricky, start with a tinted oil-free moisturizer. I liked Smashbox's tinted moisturizer a lot, but my skin reacted badly to it after a few days. If you can afford it, you can go to a MAC store or counter and let them try some of their foundations on you.





There are a lot of fun things to try out there.I'm 15%26amp; I don't know how to put on proper makeup Dx HELP!?
Well, you're only 15, you don't need to be wearing TOO much.





You should stick with a tinted moisturizer (my pick: Jemma Kidd Pro Finish, Target), a light pink blush (Smashbox O-Glow, sephora.com), and some mascara on top and bottom lashes.





Black eyeliner makes your eyes appear smaller unless only applied along top lashes, thin line.





With this, you need need NO brushes, unless you get a powder blush (O-Glow is a gel, it starts out clear and turns to the perfect shade of pink for your skin tone).
make up gurus on youtube helped me learn how to apply eyeshadow and all that. just look up tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration