Friday, December 11, 2009

Makeup artist needing help?

I'm a make up artist and I haven't done much I went to school for half year and I haven't been able to get many jods any adviceMakeup artist needing help?
ask for a job to saloons, tv programmes, beauty centers, cosmetic shopsMakeup artist needing help?
To start off, it can be really slow. The best thing to do is start a small portfolio. I don't know what sort of jobs you're looking for, but try these things:





1. Get together with a few friends (to model) and someone to take photos (unless you're a whiz with photography yourself. If so, no need for the third person.) Once you have everyone together, take a few days, and practice everything you learned in school. Be as creative as you can. Take pictures of the finished product and start building your portfolio.





2. Have a look at that Craigslist website. Every now and again you'll find creative gigs looking for Makeup artists. Some Indie films, photographers, mini-fashion shows and so on. Some of them won't pay anything, but that's ok. You'll have to take on a handful of non-paying gigs at first just to build up your portfolio.





The key is to work on a reel, build up even a minor reputation if possible, make friends with a lot of Independent film makers and artists. When you've gotten some half-decent jobs under your belt, you can start looking into making bids for bigger jobs.





I hope this helps, and best of luck, sweety. It can be a great job, but you have to go through a lot of difficult stuff first. I know you'll do just great!
work by yourself and open your own buisness at home that works you make good money by doing that
Make friends with another artist and intern with them for a while. Also, contract yourself out to wedding businesses or costume shops.
Hello,


I am not a teen but I do use the same makeup. I am not a pro or anything so I don't know that this is the best answer. I am blond and have very fair skin. I use the light color with a little blush from them and it works just fine.


Again I am in no way a pro. but try the light or an even lighter shade is fairly light.


Good luck:)
Try applying at day spa's. The ones around where I live are always looking for help, mainly with selling whatever brand make-up they sponsor. Also try Victoria Secrets, or make-up counters at the mall. The pay might not be as much as expected, but at least that way you can get some good references for better paying job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration